August 18, 2015

Happy 1st Gotcha Day Anniversary, Lily!!!

One year ago today, this sweet girl became our treasured daughter!


It's surreal to think that we were in China this time last year!


This was a typical facial expression for Lily during her first few days with us.
Jaw protruding. 
Lips tight.
She wasn't so sure who these crazy people who wanted to hug and kiss her all the time were!


A couple of weeks ago, my mom blessed us by keeping the kids so that the hubs and I could get away for a couple of days. The first stop on our mini-vacation was New Orleans for the Outcry concert:

Hillsong United. Kari Jobe. Bethel Music. Crowder. Lauren Daigle.

It. Was. AWESOME!!!

During the concert, I remember thinking, 
Lord, my voice is not loud enough and my hands can't be raised high enough to praise you and thank you for what you've done for me.
For saving me. 
For forgiving me. 
For extending your grace and mercy over and over and over again to me. 
For all the blessings you pour so generously out for me.

Today, those words are my prayer once again.

Lord, my voice is not loud enough.
My hands can't be raised high enough to praise you and thank you for the gift Lily is to us.
We don't deserve to be given the opportunity to be her Mama and Daddy. 
She is a daily reminder to our family of your faithfulness.
Thank you for her precious smile. Her wonderful laugh. Her love of tickles.
Thank you that she reaches for us because she knows we love her and will keep her safe.
Thank you for all the moments - big and small. hard and easy - we've had with Lily over the past year.
May we never forget where she was...
And how far she has come out of your great love and mercy.
Thank you for using ALL of our children to draw us unto you, Lord.
We love you so much.


And now a trip down memory lane :)


A year in the life of Lily…

Getting to know my brother, Benaiah!



Hey Crazy Mama,
Why do you always point that thing at me and try to make me smile???
Not so sure I'm into it.


Doesn't everyone sleep like this?


Just being super cute :)


PEOPLE!!! Don't you know that I haven't figured out how to sit down yet?
Somebody PLEASE come help me!!!!!


This swingin' is pretty fun!


Minnie Mouse.
Again, I'm not so sure about this.


Go Eagles!!!!


Daddy, tell those boys to kick the ball down here by me!


My re-adoption day in America!


I can't help myself. I'm so stinkin' cute!


Mama! There's a TREE in our living room!!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


Thank you for my new rocking horse, Santa!!!


My 4th birthday party….
What is Mama doing???!!!


I much prefer playing with the air vents.


Can we PLEASE buy this chair, Mama?
It's just my size!


Nice and clean after bath time!


Finally! My hair is long enough for some pigtails!


"Doug! Where's Lily?!
Found her.
In the bath tub!!!"


I love playing with my little brother!


Cheeeeeeeeze!!!


Guess what, y'all? I learned to walk all by myself!!!!!
Now Mama says every picture of me is blurry because I don't stop moving.


Splashin' in the water at the Children's Museum


Happy Mother's Day, Mama & Grammy!


Me and my great-grandfather on his 85th birthday.
Just 2 weeks before he went home to be with Jesus!


My family with the Chapmans at the Show Hope Care Centers Reunion in Nashville.


I HATE THESE GLASSES!!!


These are better. Thank you!
(Tomato Glasses, in case anybody's wondering)


All ready for my hearing test.
I have mild-moderate hearing loss and will be getting hearing aids soon!


I love my brother so much!


Daddy, you're so funny!


My first day of 4 year old preschool!



Lily-girl, we can't wait to see all the things God has planned for you in the next year!

We love you!
Mama & Daddy

No comments :

Post a Comment