August 10, 2014

Gettin' Our Girl!!!

Lily"s coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I've been "blog absent" this summer, things with Lily's adoption have been clipping along.

Let me catch ya up real quick:

Our dossier was sent to China on May 7th, and our Log In Date was May 12th. We hoped to receive our official approval to adopt her by July 12th.

Because of Lily's medical condition, her file got marked"Expedited", and we received our official Letter of Approval to Adopt on June 24th.

Now let's just take a moment to celebrate that MIRACLE :)

Basically, from the time we found out that the CCCWA wanted to pull her file in February, we've been moving forward in faith…..TRUSTING that we'd heard the Lord clearly and were walking in obedience to pursue her adoption.

So when we got that final approval…..oh my.  Mama was excited :)

I was actually driving to my friend Terri's house when my adoption agency called to tell me the good news.

I know exactly where Terri's house is, but I made FOUR wrong turns because I was soooo OVER THE MOON!!!

I was going to Terri's house to share my testimony with one of our church's community groups - a group of the sweetest girls who turned out to be the first people to hear our great news.


It was such a blessing for me to be able to share my journey of faith with them and then tell them that the next stop on the journey would be here soon because my Lily-girl was coming home!

So on June 24th, we got our Letter of Approval and were told that because Lily's file was marked "Expedited", we could be leaving for China in ONE MONTH!

I died!!!

We got busy, busy, busy getting Lily's room ready.

And when I say "we", I mean Doug and my mom.

I'm a great boss vision-caster :)

Doug went to town painting walls and furniture while my mom sewed curtains, bedskirts and pillow covers.

In the midst of all my "vision-casting", I was also pushing Homeland Security and the National Visa Center along.

Calling. Emailing. Calling. Emailing.

Until FINALLY they gave me all the approvals we needed to prepare for Lily's immigration to the U.S.

Next we had to wait for Travel Approval from China….which we received LAST MONDAY.

And on Wednesday, we got word that our appointment with the U.S. Consulate in China had been scheduled for AUGUST 26th!!!!

Which means…..

We're leaving in THREE DAYS to go get our girl!!!!

That's right, people…..THREE DAYS.

Did I say I'm dying???  Cuz I'M DYING!!!!

I can't believe it's here!!!!!

Our little girl will be placed in our arms on Monday, August 18th!!!!

Are y'all ready????

Cuz I'm SOOOOOOO READY!!!!!!!


1 comment :

  1. So excited Elaine!!!!! Praying for you and Doug as y'all travel to get Lily!!!!

    ReplyDelete