February 28, 2014

If...

So the recordable storybook we sent Lily for her birthday was SO PERFECT.

I was so fortunate to find it too!  I thought Hallmark was the only company who sold recordable books, so when I saw some at Books A Million I was pleasantly surprised....and was OVER THE MOON to see that they were on sale for $10!!!  This was a STEAL, people!!!

I want to share the book with you {which is probably against copyright laws but I'm hoping that since I'm putting the author's name, that will help me out in a court of law :-)}


IF
By Frank Boylan

I wish I was there. I wish I was with you.
I want to play the games we play and do the things we do.
I am not there now. This is just one of those days.
But know that we can be together in many different ways.
Think really hard, and imagine I am there.
Imagine I am holding your hand.
Imagine I am stroking your hair.
Imagine I am doing the things I really wish I could.
Know that I want to do them.
If I was there I would…

HUG YOU!
If I was there right now,
Do you know what I would do?
I would stretch my arms out really wide
And then wrap them tight around you.

TELL YOU I LOVE YOU!
If I was there right now,
Do you know what I would say?
I would say that we should be together every single day.
I would tell you that I love you,
And you make my heart feel light.
I would tell you that I love you,
Each and every single night.

SMILE!
If I was there right now,
Do you know what you would see?
You would see me smiling ear-to-ear,
Because you were smiling with me.

LAUGH!
If I was there right now,
Do you know how hard we would laugh?
We would laugh until our sides hurt,
Like we were going to split in half.
You would tell me funny stories,
And I would listen with both ears.
I would laugh until my eyes were wet
And filling up with tears.


DANCE!
If I was there right now,
Do know how wild we would dance?
We would dance like we were crazy people,
And wouldn’t even glance
To see who was watching us,
Or what those watchers might say.
We would dance until our worries flew off
And our cares just ran away.

SING!
If I was there right now,
Do you know how loud we would sing?
We would sing really loud and really long,
Like the birds all do in Spring.
We would sing the songs we like,
And the songs we love,
And the songs we hardly know.
And I would want to hold you tight
And never let you go.

I am not really there right now.
I’m in the pages of this book.
I hope in your mind that you can see me.

Close your eyes and look…

Do you see me…?

I see you…

~

PERFECTION, right?


No comments :

Post a Comment