February 27, 2014

The Words You Thought You'd Never Hear From Me

I've.

Joined.

(gulp)

Facebook.

Don't everyone gasp at once!

I almost feel like a traitor to my faithful anti-facebook friends, but, alas.....

the things you do for your kids.

This one's for you, Lily.

Y'all can actually thank my friends Leslie and Marcille for convincing me that using Facebook to get the word out about Lily's adoption and our upcoming fundraisers was a good idea. ;)

Truthfully, I've had a fb account for several years because I had to "like" I.O. Metro in order to get a $125 discount off a chair we bought there. I think that even my anti-facebook cohorts would agree that saving $125 was a worthwhile reason to join.

The only other reason I've used the account since then was so my friend Michelle could easily send me pictures she'd taken of our family.  So Michelle has been my one and only "friend" for a while now.

Then Miss Lily came along.

While researching her orphanage in China, I came across a family's blog. This family was also adopting a little girl who had lived in Lily's orphanage. I contacted Kelly, the author of the blog, and she said she was a part of a fb group of mama's who had adopted/were adopting from Lily's orphanage, so she asked me to join the group.

I joined this beautiful fb group of ladies and, honestly, words can never express what a blessing these girls have been to me over the past 3 months.

{I plan to write a post (or several!) about these wonderful families so stay tuned!}

Now it's time to spread the fb love because, despite our current "standstill" with China over Lily's health, we want to move forward with fundraising.

I'm praying that fb will help us cast a wider net --- and not just to help us raise money but also help us raise awareness about the need there is for orphans to have forever families to love them.

I'm still a little wary of the whole fb thing, so if I don't know you, I probably won't be your friend...

But if you're already my friend in real life, go to fb and ask me to be your friend.

{That all sounds SO STUPID, by the way - HA!}

And for no reason at all, other than the fact that he's so utterly cute, I'm posting a pic of my li'l man :)

Practicing turning pages in my book

Mommy, you're so silly!
Love y'all!
Elaine

No comments :

Post a Comment