August 31, 2013

Celebrating Caroline - Day 14

Memory #14: Benaiah's 1st Birthday

I'd never heard the term "Irish Twins" before I found out I was pregnant with Caroline.

It's a term given to children who are born to the same mother within 12 months of each other.

Caroline was born 16 days before Benaiah's 1st birthday so she and Benaiah are officially Irish twins! :)

It was important to me that we celebrate this milestone in Benaiah's life; and although Caroline couldn't get out of the hospital for the party, she was on our hearts and minds the entire time.

I like making my own decorations for parties, but I just didn't have time to be crafty so it was a bit of a "store bought" party.

We hung oversized balloons in the tree in our front yard...


We made a streamer wall with pictures from each of Benaiah's first 12 months of life...


We decorated his high chair...


And we put a funny birthday hat on his head...

Just look at that Chunky Monkey!
I'll admit, it was a bittersweet celebration without Caroline there with us.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Doug spent half of the party wishing he was at the hospital with her.

It's hard to be in two places at the same time.....

Pretty impossible, in fact, for our bodies to accomplish this.

But our hearts?

They can definitely be in two places at the same time!

My heart is in heaven and on earth every single day.

I love you, Benaiah and Caroline.

The Balloon Project #14

Grammy loves you and misses you, Caroline!!!




No comments :

Post a Comment