August 20, 2013

Celebrating Caroline - Day 6

Memory #6:  Dr. Famuyide

There were a lot of doctors and nurses who took care of Caroline from before she was ever born until after she died.

We are thankful for them all.

They ALL helped us do what the Lord called us as Caroline's parents to do.

And that was to give Caroline the best chance at life that we possibly could.

For whatever reason, Dr. Famuyide is the neonatologist we connected with best.

She spent time with us.
She explained everything that was going on with Caroline's health.
She told us what to expect if "this" went one way or "that" went another.
She shared our faith in Christ and sincerely wanted to be His hands of healing here on Earth when He would allow her.

Dr. Famuyide's shift was over when Caroline died.
When she arrived at work the next morning, she got the report that Caroline was gone.
She was shocked and called me immediately (and VERY early I might add - ha!) in such grief over our loss.
It was her loss too.
She loved Caroline too.

For days and weeks after Caroline's death, Doug and I had to talk ourselves out of driving to the NICU to see Dr. Famuyide.
I'm not sure what we'd do once we saw her, but the desire to be with her - someone who watched over Caroline when we couldn't - was stronger than I ever expected it to be.

Dr. Famuyide will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Ummm...Is it legal to pull this picture off the Internet and post it on my blog? LOL

The Balloon Project #6

Uncle Clay, Aunt Traci, Reagan, Riley, Anna Reid and William love you, Caroline!!!

Clay and Traci may or may not have sent me these photos a little late.

 I may or may not have just gotten them today.

:)

My original plan was to post their pictures on Anna Reid's birthday at the end of the month.

But I couldn't wait.

Because when I opened this first picture....

Heaven.

This is EXACTLY what I picture Caroline doing in heaven with her friends.

Running.

Laughing.

Experiencing a Joy that we will never know until we join her.

A picture of heaven :)





No comments :

Post a Comment