August 20, 2013

Celebrating Caroline - Day 5

Memory #5: Caroline's Pothole

Yep.

I named a pothole on I-20 Westbound after Caroline.

Doug and I often drove home from the NICU in silence.

Tears falling.

And every. single. day. Doug hit the same pothole on Interstate 20.

I never said anything to him about it.

I knew he was lost in thought and never saw that pothole approaching.

Not once.

The city of Jackson has filled in the pothole since last year so instead of our right wheels sinking down into it, they bumpety bump over the asphalt it's patched with.


It's strange, isn't it?

The things that trigger reminders of our loved ones.

And that ole pothole reminds me of our time with Caroline.

Caroline's Pothole

The Balloon Project #5:


Uncle Scot, Aunt Gwenn, Raleigh and McKinley love and miss you, Caroline!!!











No comments :

Post a Comment