August 23, 2013

Celebrating Caroline - Day 8

Memory #8: Baby Shower

Although this event took place before Caroline was born, it is a precious memory of mine that I cannot go without mentioning.

The sweet girls at my church, Grace City, threw me a baby shower at one of my favorite restaurants, Amerigo, a few weeks before Caroline made her big debut.

They gave me gift cards to buy baby girl stuff and groceries, for restaurants and spa days.

It was truly a shower of blessings!

Now every baby shower is special to an expectant mother.

But let me tell you why this one was extra special.

Every single one of those ladies was aware of the fragility of Caroline's life.
But....

They celebrated her life anyway.

I am so thankful for the gifts they gave me because I was able to purchase some things for Caroline that I will treasure always.

But, in truth, the thing I am most thankful for is what that baby shower did for my soul.

That shower said, "Elaine, that sweet girl you feel squirming around in your body is a gift from the Lord.  That precious baby that we may never meet matters to us.  That LIFE is special."

Those two hours eating pasta at Amerigo said, "Caroline, you are loved."

The Balloon Project #8

Howard, Linda, Denton and Avery love you, Caroline!!!

 


This may be my favorite Balloon Release photo - Avery sending Caroline's balloon right over the Rocky Mountains!

No comments :

Post a Comment