August 16, 2013

Celebrating Caroline - Day 2

Memory #2:  The NICU Windows

Caroline never came home from the hospital so the NICU was the only home she knew.
Once I was discharged from the hospital, we had to drive back and forth between the hospital and home.
Every day, whether going or coming, we drove down Woodrow Wilson Ave. which runs in front of Wiser Hospital and is where the NICU is located.
Basically the entire 2nd floor is the NICU.
We knew exactly which windows were by Caroline's "pod".
Doug and I would look at those windows every time we passed and either say, "Hey, Caroline!" as we drove to the hospital or "Goodnight, Caroline!" as we drove away.

Those NICU windows are incredibly sentimental to us.
Since Benaiah has several doctors in the area, we drive past those windows often.
After Caroline died, Doug and I would look at her windows and weep every time we drove by.
Then there were months that I couldn't bear to look at them at all.
It was just too painful, so I forced myself to look straight ahead.

Now I look at Caroline's Windows.
Every time.
Sometimes I get emotional.
Sometimes I don't.
But every time I pass them, I see my little girl.


The Balloon Project #2:

Papa and Dee Dee love you and miss you, Caroline!!!


"Here's our balloon on it's way for Caroline. Love you!"





No comments :

Post a Comment